Here you can find some suggestions/tips about Turin.
WHAT TO DO IN TURIN
- Torino, the first capital of Italy, must be discovered step by step strolling along its streets, piazzas and the 18 km of porticos: Piazza Castello, Piazza san Carlo, Piazza Vittorio Veneto, Piazza Carlo Alberto, Piazza Carignano, Via Po, Via Garibaldi, Via Roma, Via Lagrange, Via Carlo Alberto, Via Sant’Agostino, Piazza Palazzo di Città, Porta Palatina, Via Cesare Battisti, Galleria Subalpina,…
- Coffee + Gianduiotto (the typical chocolate from Turin) in one of the old bars in Turin (Bar Baratti & Milano, Bar Mulassano, Caffè San Carlo, Caffè Torino, Caffarel, …)
- Visit the Mole Antonelliana, the building symbol of Turin (Cinema Museum inside the Mole + the elevator to the top of the building)
- Have a relaxing walk at the Parco del Valentino and in particular at the Giardino Roccioso and the Medieval village (Borgo Medievale). Ideal for jogging!
- The Royal Residence declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco (located in Piazza Castello) plus, if time available, visit the Reggia di Venaria, a Savoy Royal Residence, added to UNESCO world heritage list since 1997, located a bit outside Turin.
- Have an aperitivo in one of the bar in Piazza Vittorio Veneto. Aperitivo is typical from Turin and is basically finger food + a drink at the cost of around 10€. La Drogheria, Piazza Vittorio Veneto 18. It’s a nice bar with some good aperitivo from 6pm onward. There are many other nice places like this in the same square
- The areas with more bars and nightlife are mainly 3: San Salvario (all the streets around Largo Saluzzo, near Porta Nuova train station); Zona Vanchiglia (all the streets around Piazza Santa Giulia and Via Santa Giulia); Quadrilatero Romano (all the streets around Via Sant’Agostino/Via Santa Chiara).
- We strongly suggest to spend 2-4 hours at the Torino Outlet Village where you can shopping in style at outlet prices and enjoy great food! Once you arrive at the Torino Outlet Village go to register yourself at the info point and just mentioning Around Turin you will get access to numerous discounts! More info about the Torino Outlet Village here —> https://www.torinooutletvillage.com/en
- Turin free walking tour run by our friend. Here more info: http://www.freetourturin.com
- Join Turin Pub Crawl to discover an unbeatable mix of clubs, pubs, music venues and parties! http://pubcrawlturin.com
- Shopping is good everywhere in city centre but in particular in Via Garibaldi, Via Roma and Via Lagrange.
- Get a Juve Tattoo done by the great Lele Bianchi, the best Curva Sud tattoo artist. Text me for info about how to get an appointment with Lele.
- My season ticket buddy and dear friend Lorenzo has designed, produced and sold professional shavers since many years. Feel even closer to Turin and get a 10% discount and FREE shipment worldwide with the coupon ATurin10Sezze —> https://www.sezzeprofessional.com. You can get even get more benefits by visiting his store while you are in Turin and mention you are an Around Turin friend! Address: Casa del Rasoio, Corso Marconi 31/bis, Turin
- More info about Turin here: https://www.turismotorino.org/en and http://www.turinitalyguide.com
- TOP CHOICE — Slurp, available in 2 locations: via Massena 26 or Piazza Emanuele Filiberto 6. We always go before or after the games for some great italian food and top quality wines in a very nice environment. If you plan to go there and want a special treatment, just send me a WhatsApp message and I will book for you.
- TOP CHOICE — Scalo + in Via Tarino 3, great food and a special kind of pizza just behind the Mole.
- Eataly in Via Lagrange 47 for a great pasta/ice cream/coffee
- Sfashion Cafe, Via Cesare Battisti 13 for a great pizza (napoli’s style)
- Open Baladin, Piazzale Valdo Fusi, for the best burgers and craft beers in town.
- Hotel Ponte Sassi, 3* Hotel run by my friend Luca. Special prices for the Around Turin friends: 50€/night for the single room with breakfast and wifi, 70€/night for the double room with breakfast and wifi, 90€/night for the triple room with breakfast and wifi, 120€/night for the quadruple room with breakfast and wifi. There is a bus stop right in front of the hotel and you can reach city centre by bus in 10 minutes. If you want to book at these prices just send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Around Turin.
- Golden Palace, 5* hotel
- Turin Palace, 4* hotel
- Grand Hotel Sitea 5*
- NH Piazza Carlina 4*
- In general you can always check on booking.com for availability/price/location of the different hotels in Turin.
RECOMMENDED SPORT BARS:
- Huntsman Pub in Corso Vittorio Emanuele 43, close to Porta Nuova train station
- Planet Cafè in Via Principe Amedeo 2, close to Piazza San Carlo
- Oscar Wilde Pub, Piazza Moncenisio 7, Turin. You will find a lot of Juve stuffs inside this pub and they do a fantastic pizza too!
Even if the amount of info provided above is already huge, there are some people who need extra help.
I’m sure you understand we receive a lot of requests every day, from all over the world. While we always want to support and provide quality answers, is not always easy to answer to all of you. We are therefore happy to give an EXTRA help and support to those who are supporting this project and this community.
By purchasing the Around Turin Experience here https://www.aroundturin.com/prodotto/around-turin-experience/ you will get access to:
– 24/7 online PERSONAL contact with Around Turin. You ask… we answer!
– Support in planning your trip to Turin: we will make sure you will have an unforgettable and trouble-free experience! What do to? Where to go? Where do players normally go after the games? Suggestions on Hotels, restaurants, sport bars, museum, best streets and places in town, where to get a Juve tattoo and much more… Live Turin like a local!
– suggestions for one day trips to the beautiful places around Turin! Vineyards in the Langhe area (villages of Barolo, Alba, … ), a day trip at the beach in Liguria or to the Alps (the highest mountains in Europe), visit Milano, Cinque Terre, Como’s and Garda’s Lake, Florence Roma Venice and much more!
– exclusive content
You have now the chance to win 10 weekends in Turin! Guess the Half Time (HT) and Full Time (FT) results of the Juventus games, compete with all the other fans around the World and win 10 Weekends in Turin!!!
Follow the link to play! https://skrillcup.aroundturin.com/ (the contest will start again with the new season).
Follow Around Turin
* Website: www.aroundturin.com
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AroundTurin/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/AroundTurin
* Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/aroundturin